Darren, Jesse and Stuart return with the eighth episode of WTF Tech show. We discuss the the 10th birthday of the iPhone, WWDC and the vitally important (and incorrect, since it’s missing the 3 of us) “most influential people on the internet” (Recorded Thursday 29th June 2017).
- Crap movie reboots
10th Anniversary of the Apple iPhone
- What are our memories of the first iPhone?
- Did any of us have one?
- $499/$699 plus contract!
- Visual voicemail revolutionary
- ‘Had me at scrolling’
- BlackBerry/Treo/WinCE aside, it heralded in modern (and consumer driven) computing
- What were our first smartphones?
- Stuart: Series of Nokia featurephones (including the classic 6210/6310), then Windows Mobile on an Orange branded Huawei device. Had Nokia laptop-style phones, plus various Blackberries.
- Darren: Samsung Windows flip, BlackBerry Bold
- Jesse: Treo 650
- iMac Pro, actual VR support, and a general re-interest in the Mac
- VR support is pure catch-up, but it’s a new area for them
- Will they one day have a machine that can play video games?
- Poor little Mac mini (SM: oh I love those machines!)
- Will it be like the G4 Cube?
- Big updates for the iPad Pro again
- Huge focus on AR
- Terrible name?
- Beginning of the end for Sonos?
- Will Siri be good enough to compete against Echo and Google Home?
Yet Another Big Malware Strike
- Second verse, same as the first
- More damaging
Time Magazine’s “25 most influential people on the internet”
- We’re not on it…..again
- Via Time Magazine
- Jesse – Elgato Game Capture HD60 S
- Darren – Architecture of Radio app
- Stuart – An oldie but goodie – Waze.
MWLUG 2017: Social collaboration professionals, come join us in Washington DC for the ninth annual MWLUG conference.
KNOMO: Founded in 2004 in London, with a mission to create perfect accessories that are beautiful on the outside and smart on the inside… And perfectly organise your life.